Monday, April 7, 2014

The Essence of A Queen: Monologue

Aunjanna' Million

Now my children I am going to teach you what a real queen is suppose to do and how she is suppose to act, because it seems that society is showing you wrong my sisters.

Now before you can lead others you must first love yourself.

You must gain confidence in who you are.

Take your testimony and speak it to the world, let others know that they are not alone.

Use your legs to keep you grounded and humble, use your feet to walk with empathy my children.

A queen must give all of herself for the good of her brothers and sisters. A queen carries the weight of the world on her back so she must be strong willed and strong minded.

A queen must spread herself to all her people like she’s been doing for the past 300 years.

Now child you must use your eyes to acknowledge the struggle, while using your mouth to fight the struggle.

Use your words to educate those narrow minded individuals who cannot see equality in races, who cannot love their gay brothers and sisters, who cannot love the texture of my hair, my curves of a queen, my almond eyes, and my skin that flows from Alabama, to the Dominican Republic, to Mississippi, to Africa, right back here to the swing state.

I am a queen whether that be Nubian or Latifah.

Queens lift your chin up, let your smile shine bright, let your back be arched, let your crown of curls accentuate your beautiful round face, and your lips oohh child your lips, don’t you eva let them go to waste. Don’t let men talk down to you, have respect for yourself.

I am outspoken, I am courageous, I am an advocate. I will not hold my tongue, I will only use it to annunciate my words.

Now if you want to be one of the courageous, selfless few that will take on this responsibility, stand up, I said, stand up, and my beautiful bronze queens, take your place at the thrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment