Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week



Autumn Perry-Robinson

This year at the 2013 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week we saw many looks for the spring and summer 2014 season. I have always admired Vera Wang, Marc Jacobs and Rachel Zoe so I have decided to keen in on their lines.

I deeply admire Vera Wang's wedding dresses but I find her collection this year to be very disappointing. With her unflattering silhouettes and a color palette mainly consisting of black and cream I can honestly say I expected more out of her. However, all the shoe pairings were beyond gorgeous and the models wore the 5 inch heels with confidence. I was upset to see that she had so much black in her collection seeing that it was designed for the spring and summer but maybe perhaps black will be trending this spring/summer season?
I believe I was right when I said that black is the trend this upcoming spring season. A lot of it was seen in Marc Jacobs’ collection as well. His silhouettes were great but he failed to show any decent fashion forward pieces. I was happy to see men's clothing and I never would have thought a man could look so great in an all red suit! I enjoyed the collection more than Vera's but it had yet to overwhelm me.

I was so happy to see Rachel Zoe's line because she is my role model and a great stylist. Her line was very classy and had some amazing ivory pieces. Even though she did have a considerable amount of black, it looked amazing! The clothes were very flattering and practical; great for everyday wear. I enjoyed the pops of tourqoiuse and dandelion from the bags and jackets. Overall Rachel Zoe was my favorite collection out of the three.

No comments:

Post a Comment