Monday, September 29, 2014

Ask Flow: Week Two

Back for another week, and it's for sure a treat. This week I was asked about exiting the friend zone, why I am special, and dating up. Look to see what I came up with! 

Q: So there is this guy I like and I know he likes me to. The thing is, we're both too shy to initiate anything like a relationship. So how do I make a move and skip all the extra stuff so we can just be together?

A: I think you already know the answer to this question. You asked "How do I make a move?" You just make the move. I understand you're shy, but if you want the relationship as bad as I think you do, you have to come out of your comfort zone and tell him your true feelings and that you're ready to take the relationship to the next level when he is ready. Now, let's just say he wants to stay friends. You have to go with that until he is ready. Don't make it awkward when you're around him. This can be a very vulnerable time for the both of you and I hope it works out for the best.

Q: What makes you special?

A: Well for starters I am special because I truly know I am. To be special is to look at your self and be able to accept your differences regardless of other people. Knowing that God gave me certain qualities that only I have, is the best feeling in the world. I have spent much of my life hating my differences and just wanting to "fit in" to what society said I should be. It took one hard fall to realize I wanted to stick out like a sore thumb and embrace all of me regardless of what others said. I am special because I have gone through things in my life that I know no one has ever gone through and I'm actually willing to share my experiences to help other people on their lives. Everyone is special on their own terms. I just use mine this way. 

Q: How do I approach an upperclassmen without looking like a hoe?

A: This by far is one of the most interesting questions I have gotten. Well hoes often come off strong and persistent. If you want to pursue a relationship with an upperclassman, or anyone for that matter, try talking to them and getting to know them. But so you don't get stuck in the deadly friend zone, ask your person of interest questions like what they are looking for in a partner. That gives you the golden ticket to knowing their likes and dislikes. Once you know more about them, show that person through your actions why you fit the position. You would want to flirt a little bit (and I stress a little). Break the touching barrier and give them hugs or touch their shoulder. Remember that upperclassmen are people to. There is no need to be afraid to talk to them. Just don't come off too strong. 

-Flow

No comments:

Post a Comment